Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA)-1 year
Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA) is designed for graduate students who are seeking professional knowledge in computer applications and are keen to equip the students with requisite knowledge, skills and right attitude necessary for becoming efficient Computer / IT Professionals. This course is useful for students who want to learn computer applications in different fields like banking, insurance, government sectors and accounting. This programme covers a blend of computer subjects like programming languages, data base management, systems analysis, Operating system, PC packages and computer software development in specificapplications.
The main objectives of the programme are:
- To gain practical, hands-on experience in computer applications and tools playing a significant role in business, banking and
- To make sustained efforts for holistic development of the students and empower them to analyze, develop, configure IT solutions keeping in view the challenges posed bychanging ITrequirements.
- To develop competent computer management professionals with strong ethicalvalues.
Bachelor degree in any stream with at least 50% marks in aggregate or an equivalent grade for General / OBC candidates, and 45% marks in aggregate or an equivalent grade for SC/ST and Differently able (DA) category candidates from a recognized University /Institute.
Candidates who have appeared in final year degree examination can also apply. Admission will be finalized if the result is declared before August 14 in the admission year and the candidate secures min. % of marks as mentionedabove.
Age Limit: No Upper Age Limit. As per State Government norms.Admission Procedure:
The admissions will be done as per merit.
Duration:Two Semesters (One Year).
PROGRAMME STRUCTURE (2019-20):
|CS3A -401||Computer Organization & Assembly Language Programming|
|CS3A -403||Object Oriented Programming using JAVA|
|CS3A -405||Data and Computer Communication|
|CS3A -407||IT Infrastructure Management|
|CS3A -409||Communication Skills and Report Writing|
|CS3A -451||ComprehensiveViva* (*Compulsory)|
|CS3A -402||Management Information System|
|CS3A -404||Database Management System|
|CS3A -406||Web Technology and E- Commerce|
|CS3A -408||Accounting and Financial Systems|
|CS3A -410||Operating System Basics & PC Packages|
|CS3A -452||ComprehensiveViva* (*Compulsory)|
NOTE: The above programme structure can be modified as per requirement from time to time in accordance with University Ordinance No.14.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
PGDCA equips the students with skills required for designing, developing applications in Information Technology. SCSIT has designed PGDCA program to prepare students to attain following abilities:
- To understand the key concepts of Information Technology (IT) and how IT can improve organizationalperformance.
- To make students learn the latest trends in various subjects of computers & information technology.
- To understand the computing techniques to solve businessproblems.
- To make students proficient in data and
- To enhance the skills to work on multidisciplinary managerialtasks.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO’s)
There are a large number of employment areas where they can pursue jobs. Some of them are entertainment sector, insurance firms, educational organizations, information technology firms, electronic industry and health industry, banking. At the end of this program, PGDCA student will be ableto:
- Develop practical skills to provide solutions to industry, society andbusiness.
- Use modern tools – Create, select, learn and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern tools of DatabaseApplications.
- Learn and apply appropriate tools of officeautomation.
- Manage the office/ organization ITinfrastructure.
- Manage organization website/ webportal.
Prof. Savita Agrawal
The large spectrum of job opportunities and employment options for graduates of Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications [PGDCA] course are listed below:
- Chief Information Office
- Computer Programmers
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Computer Support Service Specialist
- Computer Presentation Specialist
- Commercial And Industrial Designers
- Database Administrators
- Independent Consultants
- Information Systems Manager
- Project Manager
- Systems Administrators